1. It's good to have a soft heart and care for others. This has never been - and never will be - a bad thing.
2. It's completely normal to feel lonely sometimes. You're a human. You desire companionship.
3. There is no shame in having standards based on what you know you deserve.
4. There is no proven formula to how to love someone. No right or wrong way.
5. Don't always listen to what others tell you. They have their opinions, and you have yours.
6. Respect should never be something you demand from someone who claims that they care about you.
7. It's okay to say no. And to remove any toxic individuals from your life.
8. Making bad choices, dealing with past mistakes, having a bruised or broken heart does not lessen your value or make you damaged goods.
9. If Tinder is depressing and frustrating, just delete the dang thing.
10. You should never have to compromise your life so that someone can fit into it.
11. Don't ever let someone manipulate you. If they do, end that relationship and get as far away from them as you can.
12. That "took my breath away" feeling is a real thing.
13. A relationship is never the complete answer to loneliness. If you date someone, yes, they will add something to your life, but they will never fill it. They will never be the answer to the void, and expecting that of them is unfair.
14. Don't have unrealistic expectations; because people aren't perfect and they won't always meet up to what you want.
15. There's a huge difference between standards and expectations.
16. Don't beat yourself up if you fall for someone who played your heart. Almost everyone does that at one point in their life or another. And honestly, it says more about their personality than yours.
17. Never base your opinion of someone on a past experience with someone else.
18. If your gut feeling says "no", listen to it. If it's saying "yes", listen to that too. But also take into consideration perception (what you see) and attention (what you hear).
19. If a certain name or number brings you pain when you see it on your phone screen, block that person.
20. And if a certain name or number makes you smile like crazy at your phone screen, don't let people make fun of you.
21. Yes. It's okay to miss someone, even if they hurt you. Because in reality, you're not missing the pain. You're missing the person who used to treat you well, who you loved, who you used to know.
22. Everyone has said they're "done with dating" at least once in their life. It's okay if you do the same.
23. Saying you know what you want and are waiting for it isn't being stuck-up or hard to get. It means you know you're worth and trust that God will provide that person for you.
24. Just because everyone else does it, doesn't mean you have to. And if you don't want to, they have no right to pressure you into doing it.
25. Love will come at the most unexpected time. And if it's worth it, it'll be hard.
26. Marry for love, or not at all.